Softich.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

Yet another addition to the family....

As the result of a very successful Pet Proposal, there is now a new addition to the Softich family here in Missoula. Ginger Lilly, or as he prefers to be called, "Ginger", joined us this afternoon. He is a Syrian Honey Bear Hamster, (Mesocricetus auratus) who Emma fell in love with after about three weeks of research. (Ginger was actually picked mainly because the other two nearly identical animals in the display cage bit me.) Ginger and Emma are doing fine.

2 Comments:

  • Interesting how different people can be. At her age I had a series of white mice as pets. I don't know what the life span of a Syrian Honey whatchamacallit is, but your run-of-the-mill mouse lasts not much longer than a couple of months. Maybe that was my fault. Heck, what did it matter. All you had to do was go down the street to the pet store and get another one. I think they were about 15 cents. It never crossed my mind to do research into the matter. That's why Emma will get several scholarships and I dropped out of college after one semester. Well, that and there was this girl...

    By Blogger Phil Maxted, at 8:08 PM  

  • Emma,
    Congratulations on your new pet! I know that you worked hard to get the reward of being a REAL PET OWNER!
    Love,
    Mrs. Stemple

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home