Softich.com

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wild Horses

Well, after going 3 for 4, (the Yankees messed me up) here are my LCS picks. Again, feel free to agree with me....

AL -

A's v Tigers: Last time these two franchises met in the playoffs I was was in Junior High and my pick is the same... Oakland. With Catfish and Reggie and the irrepressible Joe Rudi the Tigers will be hard pressed...wait a minute, back to now. With Zito and Frank and the irrepressible Jay Payton the Tigers great run will finally come to an end. Though I hate to bet against Jim Leyland, the A's pitching is just too deep and I think Detroit got too emotional over beating the Yankees. That hangover may cost them and so I'm going with Gene Tenace over Pudge... Oakland in 6.

NL -

Cardinals v Mets: The Mets may have better talent all around. Glavine is experienced and I like the way the Mets put away the Dodgers. But Floyd is a big maybe and I'm not sure if Randolph is up to taking on LaRussa. But there are three big reasons I think we may see the Arch featured prominently on Fox in 2 weeks: Pujols, Carpernter and Rolen. Sorry Nick. St. Louis in 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home