Softich.com

Thursday, January 11, 2007

5 Things You Didn't Know About Me

I’m it.

My buddy Rick Stavanja tagged me to play "5 Things You Didn't Know About Me". So, even though my life is pretty much an open book, (albeit not very thick and with a lot of pictures) I’ll give it a try.

1- I started drinking in Junior High School. Yep, and it became quite the hobby. As my old friend John Likarich once told me “You don’t drink a lot, just often.” It has been over 20 years since I quit, but there are many people out there who never knew me sober. Maybe that is why whenever I run into some of my old High School acquaintances they have that strange look on their face.

2- I am somewhat of a "grognard" and have a pretty good collection of war games mostly of the Avalon Hill board game variety. But don’t have the time or the opponents around to play them. Some day somebody will find some great deals on eBay if I ever get around to selling them.

3- Like Rick, it took me a long time to warm up to computers. I actually thought they were a passing fad. Then I started using them for football and eventually broke down and got one. And now I can’t imagine life with out one. It is funny now that some people consider me a real computer guru and turn to me for advice. (I also thought Madonna was going to be a One Hit Wonder, but that is another story.)

4- I used to pick up extra money working as a figure model for art classes, oftentimes posing nude. In Butte no less. Again, my friend John Likarich had a hand in this. "C'mon, $50 an hour, it's easy..." And it was even after I stopped drinking, which took some of the fun out of it I guess.

5- In spite of being a coach for most of my adult life and being around people constantly, I am not too good at remembering names. I am kind of the opposite of Joe Glenn in that regard. But chances are if you tell me your birthday I’ll remember it and be able to tell you who else shares it or what happened on that day. I guess all the beer, wine and brandy rewired something back when I was a teenager.

Now, I get to “tag” a couple of people to blog their 5 things. So, I am reaching out and tagging my nephew, John Softich and my good friend Phil Maxted to perpetuate this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home